There are multiple goals we're trying to achieve, both short and long term. We want to:
- Introduce the concept and get it validated by the community.
- Improve tooling for different use cases.
- Provide tools for wider CCSS support and regular CSS solutions:
webpack-loaderto add support for converting regular CSS to CCSS.
webpack-loaderto help avoid the boilerplate static extraction needs.
- More 3rd party CCSS support besides
PostCSSand other CSS-in-JS solutions.
- Ready to use design systems.
Who knows, a future version of CSS8 might standardize shorthands based on what the community is building up here. 😉 It's relatively easy to implement, standardize, and it has great benefits.